The Entrepreneurial Pitch, Panel & Network Event
Join us for one of the most exciting business events of the year! This is your chance to hear mind-boggling breakthrough business ideas and successful entrepreneurial stories – along with being able to network with an array of top university alumni from outside of Canada. We have invited an eclectic gathering of Syracuse University’s iSchool staff, business executives, and specialists from a wide variety of industries.
EntrepreNEW! will be divided into three parts:
- Pitch: 6 aspiring entrepreneurs presenting their new business idea in a 3-minute pitch in front of the audience and an experienced panel of executives.
- Panel: 30-minute Q&A with experienced entrepreneurs providing the opportunity to garner best practices on the latest entrepreneurial thinking.
- Network: opportunity to socialize, reconnect and meet new people. Open bar service and appetizers will be provided.
The event will be moderated by Mr. John Liddy, Operations Executive, Entrepreneurship Coach and Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the Syracuse Technology Garden.
Register today at www.alumni-toronto.com/EntrepreNEW.
Wednesday June 19, 2013
333 Bay Street, Suite 4600
Bay Adelaide Centre
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2S5
Networking: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Program: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Admission – $20 (includes full open bar service and appetizers)
Note: Attendance is extremely limited – only 100 tickets available. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Wed, May 15 2013 » Uncategorized » No Comments
On October 4th, Nkechi Ogbue, Steve Hucal, Luk Boral, and Steve Southard (President) welcomed Stephen Gibson to the group. Stephen was involved in the SU/Korea program with Ryan Skrobar. By the way, happy birthday to Ryan who celebrated his birthday on that day!
We discussed a number of things that can help take our group to the next level. Steve Hucal has done a lot of work to raise the profile of the Penn Wharton alumni group as well as the IUCT and I think those of us in attendance last night agreed that we need to take similar steps or our group will not sustain. So, the next board meeting is a critical one and we will need to discuss all the various initiatives and assign responsibilities. This is a commitment on the part of people who want to participate but the time commitment should not be burdensome.
In summary, here are the list of initiatives we discussed:
1. Appoint a Secretary and a Treasurer
2. Appoint a Membership Director
3. Appoint an Information Officer (responsible for website content, communications, phone list and email list)
4. Open Bank account (Treasurer) – we received $250 raised from IUCT event as a sponsor
5. Complete Charter and By – laws
6. Develop statement of benefits of membership and objectives of group
7. Set membership dues and discounts
8. Develop a calendar of events – these events to include the following (and more): Board Meetings (4 in person meetings per year plus 3 telephonic meetings), Monthly happy hours/pub athletic events (approx. 12 per year), Summer Barbeque and Student Send Off event as well as at least one large Networking/Speaker Event
9. Appoint board members to take charge of initiatives and events
If anyone wants to volunteer to head up an initiative or an event or take on one of the roles mentioned in point 1 or 2, please let us know before or during the next meeting.
Next meeting is Wednesday November 9 between 6 and 7:30 pm so please save the date. The meeting will be hosted in KPMG board meeting room in the Bay Adelaide Centre. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Sat, October 22 2011 » Uncategorized » No Comments
On October 4th (6:00pm), we will be holding a Board Meeting where we will talk through the events behind us, and the potential events that we can organize in the near future. After the board meeting, we can adjourn to one of the many restaurants close by afterward.
We have booked a room in KPMG downtown offices for the meeting. The KPMG Building is the Bay Adelaide Centre located on the northeast corner of the Bay Adelaide intersection. There is parking under the building accessible from Richmond (just west of Yonge) and on Adelaide (between Bay and Yonge). Please take the elevator to the 46th floor reception. The board room is room 46010.
See you there!
Sat, September 24 2011 » Uncategorized » No Comments
On Wednesday, February 9th, we will be having our Syracuse University Alumni (Toronto) Board Meeting to which we are inviting everyone interested in being an active member of our group. Immediately following the meeting we will be watching the Syracuse-Georgetown game. It’s a home game, so it will be orange!
The agenda for the night is the following:
6:00-7:00pm – Board Meeting (open to everyone)
7:00-9:00pm – Syracuse – Georgetown game!
We will be gathering around 6pm at the Main Event Sports Bar, located at 2368 Yonge St. (north of Eglinton) but feel free to stop by at any time between 6:00pm and 9:00pm. You can find the menu and directions at www.maineventbar.ca.
See you there!
Mon, January 31 2011 » Uncategorized » No Comments
We are meeting on September 21st (Tuesday) at 6:30 in the Distillery District. After a 1-hour meeting, we will go out locally for drinks & mingling. Please contact Steve Southard, President (email@example.com) or the general mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the address information.
The Board Meeting agenda will include:
If you want to be an active member of our group, that is your opportunity to raise your hand. Also, if you just want to grab a drink with us, you are more than welcome to join us on Tuesday.
Hope to see you there!
Thu, September 16 2010 » Uncategorized » No Comments
So we sent them off!
We have 11 new and a whole bunch of returning students going to Syracuse this fall! We had a send-off event yesterday and it was really great.
Thank you everyone for coming out and thank you Steve & Louise for hosting this great event. A good mix of new faces and those that we already know – all greatly getting along – really makes us look forward to the next events.
We all want to wish the new students the very best on their venture at Syracuse University. Please remember that no matter if you’re an upcoming Freshman, a soon to be Graduate, an Alumni, Parent, Grandparent or just a really big Syracuse fan, we are and will be here for you!
See the gallery from the event here.
Thu, July 22 2010 » Word from the Board » No Comments
We are very happy to start off with our new site. As of July 7, 2010 we have moved from our old site (under AlumniConnections.com domain) to Alumni-Toronto.com/Syracuse. The new site gives us the ability to:
- Interact with our alumni & friends population
- Incorporate social media presence into our site
- Merge event management and club communications on one single platform
- Prepare for club development and interactions with Toronto Alumni Clubs of other schools
We hope you enjoy our new look!
Wed, July 7 2010 » Word from the Board » No Comments